parasurv@webspace ~ $

Blog: [Site updates] [Linux] [Free Software] [Culture] [Health] [Watches] Learning: [Emacs Journal] [Linux Wiki] Personal: [Contact] [About me]

Shorts: [Microblog] [Linkblog] Important: [Read] [Watch] [Listen] Other pages: [Old games stuff]

Emacs org-mode: Export underscore problem

I am writing this site in Emacs, exporting org-mode files to html. Nothing fancy really, barely modified publish file, the outlook is just CSS. Recently I found a problem, where I use underscore "_" in a page, and the HTML output just wasn't right.

I searched and soon I've found the solution on Stackoverflow. There are many, but you can do it with a simple line, just insert this:

#+OPTIONS: ^:nil

With this one line, basically you disable superscripts and subscripts in that one file. As I am not using either of them, for me this is a perfect solution.

Hosted on Neocities and created with Emacs, the world best text editor, operating system. This website doesn't track you. I don't use any javascript or other scripts. I don't store any information about the visitors. It's just pure old fashioned HTML. Some parts of the site is not up-to-date design wise. I may or may not update them in the future. I don't really support mobile stuff, but I bet if you disable the little CSS I have, you can read the site perfectly.